Below you'll find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. There are some extra, more legally worded bits on our terms and conditions page, but otherwise happy reading and do get in touch using the contact button at the top pf the page if there's anything else you'd like to know.
There's a little Roderick Vere guide to ring sizing (including a form to receive your very own free ring sizer) over on our ring sizing page.
HALLMARKING & PLATING
Some of our products are hallmarked and some of our products are plated - for more info, take a look at our finishing page.
Most items sold on this website and through our outlets have their materials listed so consumers can make an educated choice when deciding on whether or not to make a purchase. That said we are proud to say that none of our products contain any nickel or lead and the precious metals we use all conform to the high standards of fineness set out by the UK jewellery industry. Every Roderick Vere item comes hand finished, cleaned and packaged to to a high standard as we want to see you wear and enjoy them for many years to come. However even with the best intentions some products may fade over time with regular wear. By following the tips and tricks below there's no reason why your Roderick Vere product won't last you a lifetime:
Generally speaking most Roderick Vere items can be given a 'boost' by gently rubbing with a clean, non abrasive cloth (a silver cloth in particular works wonders on slightly tarnished metal) and left in an airtight container when not in use. As some of our products are quite material specific however, we've broken down our product care guidelines into their separate collections:
THE AUTHOR COLLECTION:
- As well as brass and copper, the majority of the watch movements used in Roderick Vere's Author Collection contain elements of steel and are therefore very susceptible to moisture. We strongly advise against wearing any items from this collection in the shower or bath and suggest taking extra care when out and about in the elements. If a watch movement does accidentally get wet then dry it off using a paper towel and as soon as possible spray a household water repellent such as GT85 or WD40 into the mechanism. Once absorbed, you'll be able to wipe off the excess and your movement will be shining again like new!
- Silver plated brass findings such as those used on the back of our brooches and cufflinks will tarnish if left in direct contact with the sun for an extended period of time. To reduce the chances of this always store your jewellery in an airtight container away from direct sunlight when not in use.
Metals naturally develop a surface patina over time from oxygen, sprays, and skin acidity. Stirling silver and gold will not have any affect on your fingers, but bronze and brass may leave a green mark on your skin, depending on your personal PH levels and how you wear your jewellery (people with dry skin have less risk of a reaction, whilst oily skin tends to react more for example). If a Roderick Vere item is turning your skin green, try applying a thin coat of clear nail polish on the inside to prevent contact.
THE PLANETARY COLLECTION & LETTERPRESS RANGE:
- If your Planetary Collection or Letterpress Range item needs a small polish to bring back it's shine, simply wipe the surface with a soft cloth dipped in warm water mixed with dish soap. Rinse with warm water.
- To clean up more tarnished jewellery, mix up a solution of one part vinegar, one part salt and ten parts warm water. Use a soft toothbrush to apply the solution to the jewellery, rubbing it gently. Once clean, rinse in fresh water and rub dry using a soft cloth.
- The best way to keep your jewellery clean is actually to wear it as it will get a mini buff every time it brushes against your clothing!
We try and keep delivery costs to a minimum so you can spend more of your hard earned money on our lovely products instead. Various shipping options are available at checkout, but for peace of mind all regular UK orders are sent by Royal Mail's 1st class 'Signed For' service. You will receive an email from us once your item has been made and we have completed your order. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for delivery from this point. (Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands and Islands may take a little longer.)
If you live outside of the UK you can select either 'tracked' or 'standard' shipping for your items at checkout. Tracked items will be insured and sent by Royal Mail's International 'Track & Signed' service and a tracking number will be provided so you can keep an eye on your delivery's location. Standard items will be sent via Royal Mail's 'International Standard' service and will neither be tracked nor insured. Either way, you will receive an email from us once your item has been made and we have completed your order. For European deliveries please allow 5 working days for delivery from this point. For the rest of the world, please allow up to 7-10 working days and a little flexibility.
(Please note that in all cases whether domestic or international, Roderick Vere can not be held responsible for lost packages or additional fees. If something goes wrong, get in touch and we'll do our best to come up with an amicable solution for both parties.)
PRESS & PR
We work hard on designing, creating and producing our products, so it's always rewarding when our customers provide us with good feedback and the press give us the thumbs up by featuring our work. If you would like to use a Roderick Vere piece in an up and coming editorial then do get in touch using the contact button at the top of the page. We have plenty of imagery and press releases for your viewing pleasure as well - just let us know what you're after and we'll see what we can dig out.
Whether you're an online retailer or a bricks & mortar store who believe their customers would benefit from a Roderick Vere product (or two) in their lives, we'd very much like to hear from you. Drop us a line using the contact button at the top pf the page and we'll be in touch with our wholesale prices and payment terms.